Businesses and Tax Law
Our clients include hundreds of sole proprietorships, partnerships, and closely held and publicly traded corporations. We form corporations and draft shareholders’ agreements, employment agreements, stock redemption agreements, and all operational documents. We formed the model industrial development agency for New York State. We facilitate reorganizations, consolidations and mergers, liquidations and dissolutions. We advise on matters of taxation, capital acquisition, securities regulation, and environmental liability.
Our attorneys pride themselves on their long-standing relationships with our clients. We believe that to provide the most effective representation, it is important that we have a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, their short and long-term goals and the personalities and management styles of their officers and directors.
In a volatile economy, sound legal advice on matters ranging from business formation to capital raising can make the critical difference for a company’s viability. The business and corporate attorneys of Melvin & Melvin, PLLC emphasize prompt, cost-effective and responsive service to meet the needs of
- high-tech startups
- established family businesses
- community banks
- tax-exempt organizations
- professional practice groups
- publicly traded corporations and
- major financial institutions.
The business attorneys of Melvin & Melvin, PLLC offer legal assistance to corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and proprietorships of all sizes and in such diverse industries as computer software, construction, forest products, healthcare, professional services and real estate development.
Our business practice group advises clients at any stage of development about the best ways to pursue opportunities while identifying and managing risk with respect to such matters as:
- Entity selection, registration, restructuring, expansion or dissolution of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Business operations re: employment law, tax law, securities law, New York probate or family law
- Business transactions ranging from customer or vendor contracts to joint ventures, distributorships or real estate projects
- Intellectual property advice for high-tech entrepreneurs, e-commerce retailers, software developers and distributors, buyers and sellers of licenses, or venture capital investors
- Legal counseling for new or smaller businesses, closely-held corporations
- Expansion, sales, mergers, succession planning
- All forms and complexities of litigation, including dispute resolution.
Our clients come to us again and again for assistance with important legal challenges and for guidance with strategic legal planning. Known to be among the best Central New York business law firms, we provide expert legal services in a variety of practice areas including general counsel, corporate, commercial, real estate, and civil litigation. Our small firm attention with large firm resources and experience remains a priority for us and a distinguishing feature of our practice.
Because we work closely with our clients, we can deliver practical advice that meets the unique circumstances of their particular situation. Moreover, we can leverage the resources of our other practice groups in order to provide comprehensive counsel and representation across the full range of your legal needs