Melvin & Melvin, PLLC’s municipal practice involves serving as regular legal counsel, or as special counsel on a consulting basis, for local governments within the central and northern New York region. In its capacity as municipal counsel, the firm addresses a vast array of matters involved in the operation of local government. While numerous and varied, these matters include such areas as
- serving as general legal counsel to the municipality’s governing board
- establishment and construction of special improvement districts
- matters involving
- local finance
- public contract and public works
- budgetary issues
- economic development
- legislative drafting and enactment
- land use planning and development.
In addition to its role as general legal counsel, the firm provides representation to various municipal specialty boards, namely Zoning Boards of Appeal and Planning Boards.